Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving!!!

I love this time of year!  Some people don't get excited about all the family gatherings that tend to happen during the holiday season, but I love it!  I get to see my huge extended family tomorrow - all my aunts, uncles, siblings, sibling-in-laws (yes I just made that word up), nieces, nephews, cousins, family friends, and the list goes on! 

Thanksgiving 2008 (minus a grandma, add a few new kids, a new boyfriend, and a new wife this year!) 

 





















































































  


Yesterday I bought a veggie platter, 4 pounds of shrimp cocktail, blue crab dip, and a pumpkin cheese cake to bring for the big feast!  My mom will be cooking the turkey amongst other things.  My aunt Jenn will be bringing her famous 10 pounds of mashed potatoes and watergate salad!  When I was a kid I used to eat an entire plate full of her watergate salad!  Everything else will be covered by everyone else that is coming. 

I have a tradition of breaking the wishbone with my cousin Rachael, we have done this every year for as far back as I can remember.  This year will be different though :( because she is in Disney World for an internship.  I will just have to save it for when she comes back!

My brother David will also be missing this year.  He took a spur-of-the-moment trip to Miami with some of his friends!  Two of my cousins just had babies (like just days ago) so they will be missed this year too.

I can't wait until tomorrow! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment