Thursday, April 21, 2011

IBJJF: New York Open

Last Saturday I competed in my first New York Open along with two of my other teammates, Kevin Callen and Arturo Ayala.  This was Kevin's first ever tournament and he took gold after mowing through his opponent.  It was Arturo's first international level tournament and he took bronze.  I placed 3rd in my division, losing to the champion, and I took 2nd in the open weight class.  I only lost two matches all day...both to the same girl, Jessica Eve Richer.

Below are my videos from the open division.  Unfortunately my camera died (I really need to get a wall charger for that thing!) and I couldn't get the finals recorded. :-(

MATCH 1


MATCH 2


MATCH 3



Thanks to our coach, Dave Trader, and to those that came out to cheer us on!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! Just found your blog, through Alli's... looking forward to reading more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job!! very exciting matches. you looked like you had great pressure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. We are happy to offer you a 10% discount to our Online Store if you do so. Please email me back and I would be happy to give you our link.

    Thanks!

    Frank
    frank641w@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete