Friday, February 10, 2012

DTJJ's 2nd Female Competitor

Last spring a man and his teenage daughter came through the doors of the gym. They were both pretty into UFC and he wanted to get his daughter into one of our programs. She said she wanted to try Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, which made me very happy because I had been trying to start a women's program, and you can't really do that with just one girl. She was a tennis player, and seemed pretty girly. This worried me, but only a little. I was afraid all the close contact of sweaty people would gross her out and she would want to switch to Muay Thai or something. Luckily for me she loved class and decided to join.


Her competitive attitude got her itching to compete right away and in turn motivated her to train harder. Now, a little over 9 months later, she will be competing in her first tournament.

Good luck this Saturday Liza, I know you will do Team DTJJ proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment